Who We serve
- Pediatric inpatients ages 4 to 18 years old (grades PreK-12) and their families from UNC Children’s Hospital.
- Pediatric outpatients and their families living in the triangle area, as well as those staying at local Ronald McDonald Houses.
- Patients we serve are from across the state of North Carolina.
- Diagnoses include (but are not limited to): cystic fibrosis, sickle cell anemia, major depression, cancer, burns, Crohn’s disease, and traumatic brain injuries.
- More than half of the pediatric patients we serve have compromised immune systems due to medical treatment and/or medical conditions.
- Patients served are often hospitalized for indefinite periods of time, so some may be involved with the program for 60 minutes and others may be involved over a period of several months.